Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #2227 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Butler View Post
He would think that electro pop artists such as Gaga suck, that they don't have any talent and that they are sell outs, I can't really speak for him but from the interviews and his journas he was very anti media and the bands you just named are big because of media not because of talent.
Fairly enough, he capitalised off the same media. To me, though, it's not about Cobain, nor is it about Gaga. It's about hero worship, and taking it out of hand. I don't like the fact these artists hog so much of the spotlight when more original artists obviously go unheard.

Go to youtube, any time, and sift through the videos. Youtube is quite possibly the biggest media source there is right now. Count how many times you see Gaga's face. She's just slathered all over the place. ****, I've even had her suggested to me because I watched video of Sun Ra covering the 'Batman' song(How the hell that connects, I don't know).

It's completely out of hand. As much as I respect a figure like Cobain for his stance on a lot of things, I think him, and Gaga, have the same issue for being overexposed, and both I think have majorly slowed down the natural progression of music.

I'll leave it at that, can we quit speaking of Cobain in this thread, now?
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote