Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #5583 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I don't think they were grunge then or now. I liked whatever the lead single off the new album was, but they should have changed their name. I never assumed I'd get Facelift AIC back, and so I only heard what was played for me. To that end, they didn't better than I thought they would. But it didn't match up to JoF, FL, or even Boggy Depot.
I wasn't pleased with the production. It was too over-thought in attempt to match with 'modern standards'. Jar of Flies, for examples, was produced, and written in 7 days according to legend. It was impulsive emotion, and that's basically what made that band work.

They're just a tad burned out, I think. I mean, I might as well be listening to Godsmack, Seether, or all of the post 1999 'alternative' garbage because it sounds the same to their new album to me.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote