Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #2232 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Well written response.

However, you insist on using other mediums as a comparison. If you look at popular films right now, that are intended for a large audience, of course they aren't written with the same maturity and artistic merit as the godfather. I don't know why you believe people are ignoring previous generations of music, lady gaga herself is constantly being compared to others before her, and a lot of classic rock has actually seen an increase in sales since the cd and mp3.

How can you argue there is no alternative to it? With the internet and the instant availability of downloads, anybody has access to anything. TV and Radio doesn't really reflect peoples interests like it used to.

You argue that the music industries formula is to retreat to whats safe, and i would agree with that, however it is definetly not working for them. Primary example being their reluctance to change to modern distribution techniques,and their clinging onto outdated copyright laws and codes. Record industry is being ****ed over by normal people with an internet connection, and that has never happened before.

This has been my general argument, you keep not factoring in the difference between this gen and last. Yes artists may have elitest fans,but making music for them isn't the primary concern because its not the biggest money maker, they have to make that up with video's and live shows more then ever.

They can't get record sales, so of course Lady Gaga is better off pimpin her image then trying to make original music, she's a pop artist. She needs ad revenue, and she needs to show that she has a audience that can go on facebook and twitter and subscribe to her bull****, this wasn't the case beforehand.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote