Music Banter - View Single Post - Alcoholism
Thread: Alcoholism
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #54 (permalink)
The Virgin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
Just wanted to know peoples thoughts and opinions on this topic. Maybe some of your own personal struggles or great times with alcohol. For some im sure you've seen it become a problem and destroy lives. But at the same time can be make for some amazingly entertaining moments as well. As of late im thinking my drinking is getting out of control. Im going through about four 30 packs a week and only manage a sober day when I absolutley have to.(thats why i havent been on here latley) I love to drink but im starting to think that its just not worth the cost anymore. Its built a wall between me and my friends and family and caused plenty problems elsewhere as well for quite a healthy length of time. If I could keep some discipline about it it would be one thing but I never do. I always eventually progressivley get worse till something happens that wakes me up. Then I realize its time to slack off it for a while. Then fall right back into power drinking again shortly afterwards. Im thinking maybe just calling it quits for good may be the best option at this point. As hard as that is for me to say...then again I may just get wasted and think about it

my father is now bed-ridden and suffering from gout complication due to alchohol intake. he was a drinker ever since he was young and now he's 50+ years old, all that alcohol had started to take it's toll to his body and eventually, lead to this gout complication. he now uses a weelchair and had to be aided with stuff like drinking, eating, etc.

this made me a realization that you may enjoy your life while you're young (drinking, smoking, etc.), but as you get old, what you will be is the reflection of what you were doing back then.

so in response to your thread, yes, alcoholism is a big problem. beer companies become billionaires while their patronizers become bed-ridden.
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote