Music Banter - View Single Post - The MBshare Project
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #74 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
TROUBLESHOOTING[/FONT][/B][/U]
- If your listening port is closed, you will need to manually make some adjustments so that your router will make a port available for Soulseek to use.
You need to log into your router to do this. If you do not know how to log into your router:
- In Windows, simply go to your START bar, and type CMD in your run bar, and hit enter. The command prompt will open.
- Type IPCONFIG and hit enter. Locate DEFAULT GATEWAY. (make a note of your copmputer's IP address while doing this)
- Type the DEFAULT GATEWAY IP address into your browser's URL section and hit enter. You should now either be in your router's config page, or
be prompted for a username and password.
- Enter any necessary details to enter your router's config page.
- Once in your router's config page, locate the "port forwarding" section. Sometimes this is called "applications and gaming".
- If you have successfully located the correct section, choose to enter a custom service, then enter an identifier like "soulseek" in the service name.
- Set the protocol to TCP/UDP.
- Copy the "listening port" number from the General Options in Soulseek, and paste that into the "starting port" (and ending port) in your router.
- If there is a "server IP" needed, enter your computer's IP address, which you saw when you ran IPCONFIG to get the default gateway.
- Apply the settings, then go back to the General Options in the Soulseek client and press the "Test firewall and router settings" button again.
- If the browser popup says that the port is open and Soulseek is configured correctly, then YOU WIN! If not, please post here and your issue will
be addressed personally.
- If you've won, please continue the steps where you left off in the WHAT DO I DO? section.
Dude this blows. Nobody in the house knows our username and password for the router config screen. I'm feeling like smashing my head on the wall. And, no, I checked for the default admin/password combos. We changed it at some point. Rahr! I don't want to reset it to get the default user/pass back but that may be the only way. Any advice?

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote