Music Banter - View Single Post - Paul McCartney - The REAL King of Pop?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
And how is most successful entertainer measured? Yes he was a good dancer, he had some charisma and people were interested in his image (although his image became more strange than interesting over recent decades). That's another thing he did seem to decline over the years more so than McCartney for sure.

But to me it's about music anyway, McCartney just wrote more great melodies from what I have heard. If pop is mainly about image then some may consider Michael Jackson more important, but to me pop is definitely more about music and and always has been.

Elvis started the whole pop star idol, dancer, charismatic image thing anyway didn't he? I can see how younger people might side with Michael Jackson as he is more recent but I wonder what people will ultimately see as his legacy. If it's mainstream pop of today then I'm not that impressed. I'll take a strong musical legacy over marketing hype any day.
Normally I would agree with you that music trumps success as far as sales and things of that nature but when it comes to Pop. The main driving force behind it in my opinion is to have something light that anyone can get into. When you achieve that status and you get the radio play then you usually get people wanting to buy the albums. So this is the only case where I would say that sales trump music for the title of King of Pop.

Elvis was truly a pop star but look at the title he was given. King of Rock and Roll.

I also feel like if you truly want to be a King of Pop, dancing is heavily related to pop. If you excel at dancing and being a singer songwriter/performer than you are like the tri-factor
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote