Music Banter - View Single Post - Alcoholism
Thread: Alcoholism
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #81 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me? Getting "control" over the habit by drinking less? When he already knows he has a serious problem and really needs to quit? What kind of ****ing logic is that? hip hop bunny hop's advice is good because exercise gives you endorphins, which will help him to stay positive in this long, hard road. It WILL give him self confidence and make him feel good about himself, how good is he going to feel if he just succumbs to another ****ing habit?! Jesus christ what the **** is wrong with you people that you endorse such ideas!
I think your intentions are good, and you've said you were a previous addict, but I'm not quite sure i believe you.

Lisnaholic advice seemed genuine because it captured the mindset pretty good. When your an addict it's always going to be in your mind, at least his advice had a structure and a way of making improvements in a obtainable way.

Saying you should replace alchohol with exercise sounds great, but it really isn't a practical step, unless he's drinking because of serious self-esteem issues, trying to appeal to the opposite gender isn't really the primary concern right now.

From expireance i've actually done what lisnaholic did, though with my own routines, and it did work out for me. Quitting doesn't always take the giant steps people assume, it's just a matter of organizing your thoughts.

AA and other programs have an incredibly high failure rate, something like 90% your honestly better off trying to find a solution that works for you
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote