Music Banter - View Single Post - The Dylan Holy Trinity
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 08:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Wow ! GreenMeany, clutnuckle, Jonny Redshirt, ThePhanastasio .... four in a row going for Blonde on Blonde, which in my opinion is the weakest of the three albums.

Clutnuckle always has something perceptive to say, but on this occasion almost every merit that he mentions, I see as a weakness. Obviously BoB has lots of great moments and I Want You is a fabulous track, but some of the other "tiny jovial tunes" ( nice phrase,btw )just sound like throw-away fillers to me ( eg Five Believers).
And for me, the longer pieces are just too long. No one can forget the brilliant line,"The ghost of electricity howls in the bones of her face", but also, unfortunately, it`s also difficult to forget the rather turgid chorus of "Sad Eyed Lady", which, like some of his other choruses, are repeated too often for my liking.

So, like TheBig3, my vote goes to either of the other albums; they are shorter, sharper and do a better job of maintaining the excitement that Bob can pack into his lyrics.

PS, Thanks for the memory about hanging out with friends in a shed, Phanastasio. When I did that, we listened endlessly to "Feel like I`m Fixing to Die". Great days, eh ? You`re young, you`ve got more friends than you know what to do with, everything is possible ...

PPS, No,no, Il Duce, the REAL holy trinity is Blood on the Tracks, Desire and Street Legal !

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 05-13-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Il Duce got in a post while I was writing.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote