Music Banter - View Single Post - The frustrations Of A One Women Band
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
trueblue22
Groupie

Default The frustrations Of A One Women Band

One women band with the stress of mainstream bull!
Hey everyone,
My name is Danielle I am from PA. I feel the need to vent over the mainstream monkey that runs around with luck and complete acceptance. I will not sell my soul for fame, or change who I am!!!!
I have been writing music for years… and I mean years. I feel my main inspirations have been Zack De La Rocha, Anthony Kiedis, Mike Patton, Pj Harvey, Trent Reznor, and Josh Homme along with their band mates.
As a one women band and the only being who has touched my tracks (writing, performing, mixing and recording, anything under the sun) I have been screwed by fate, for now!
As a women who has been a lyricist in my shower, while I do dishes, gardening…. You get the point, I have nothing to show for the hours I exposed myself to and feel I have wasted away in the process. Why did I decide to by a guitar, a keyboard, an MRS8 and sing my soul off? I don’t know.
Today , walking around and not experimenting with new sounds, people of the same musical likeness and just feeling it, is like me pretending to be something I am not, a cat claiming to be a dog or a mouse acting like a horse. I feel trapped in my body, just dying to get out. Then, I get down on myself… asking am I delusional? Why would a girl like me ever get anywhere. No contacts, no known fame, nothing. Then I remember my sadness as a child and how I always ended up with a pen and paper writing some rhyming words… must be that ocd, because I can only write in rhymes. Or maybe I was a singer, songwriter in another life. That could be why the thought is comforting not nerve wrenching. Whatever the reality, it sucks. At 28, do I throw it all away?
Maybe not yet… A few yrs ago I posted about 3 songs on a worldwide site where fellow musicians reviewed it and so on. To my surprise I got a lot of perfect scores, some saying things like I would be huge in the UK. Where does that leave me? I also sparked interest with some other far away lands. I speak the truth in my words. Life is so dark man, so dark. But.. am I cool enough for the US? Who knows!
My other inspirational experience was when FNM’S Bill Gould was nice enough to give me a listen. What a great guy, seriously! He said “It was not what he was expecting in a good way” he understood it.
Over the years, sure enough.. More people became interested. But I don’t have a lawyer, no a&r person.. No money. So what do I do? May we find out some day soon.

[EDIT: NO ADVERTISING AND SELF PROMOTION PLEASE]
trueblue22 is offline   Reply With Quote