Music Banter - View Single Post - Alcoholism
Thread: Alcoholism
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #84 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I don`t know why you are so outraged at the idea of replacing one habit with another. Some habits are bad, some are less bad, some are good. Anyone who can replace a bad habit with one that is less damaging is moving in the right direction and has a chance to feel some sense of progress. It builds up self-confidence and brings closer the goal of quitting altogether.
I think I understand where she's coming from. Maybe I misunderstood I don't wanna speak for anyone else here. But personally, I think if you replace one habit with another, you're solving the symptom and not the problem.

You should excercise to stay healthy. You should not exercise to escape your problems.

You really just need to face your problems. Or stfu about them. But the moment you start ignoring them is the moment you've ****ed yourself in the brain

People dont's just pick a bottle and chug it for the hell of it, on a regular basis. There's always a reason. Teens do it to look cool fair enough, but when someone is using it to blow themselves up, metaphorically speaking, it wont help to replace the bottle. Replace it with a weight, they'll kill themselves weight lifting.

You have to address the central problem of self-destruction. Or dont, and just stfu, like I said.

Drink, who cares. I don't. But if you wanna stop, just stop. There's no middle ground. There's no magic solution. You just stop picking up the bottle, You deal with the pain and the cravings, and you show that you still have some element of control of yourself, and show that that willpower will come up trumps against your addiction.

There are no magic solutions in life. Either balls up and do something. or stfu about it and keep drinking. No middle ground. You're either at one end or the other, there are just varying degrees of people deluding themselves thinking they're being proactive.

****ing...20p in the donation box every month and a brisk walk around the block is not proactive. It's a ****ing rat in a maze.

Last edited by crukster; 05-13-2011 at 11:26 AM.
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote