Music Banter - View Single Post - Canadian Artists
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

One band I wish I could see get more attention outside of Canada is Captain Tractor. Such a great band, Chris Wynters is a fantastic songwriter and they always put on a great show.

Some of my favorites:

from the album "Bought the Farm". I have had people tell me they cried upon hearing this, it seems to strike quite a nerve in many people. I can see why, very moving song that can be applied to almost everybody. One of my favorites from them.

from the album "Hoserista". Very much like "1000 Goodbyes" this one also has a great impact with many people who hear it. While not as good as the above, I still put it in my favorites.

from the album "East of Edson". Another great ballad, was a minor hit but not huge. Great song.

from the album "North of the Yellowhead". Not often do I recommend a cover, let alone a cover of my favorite song, but I do this time. They do this song wonderful justice, and while nothing can compare to The Replacements, they come pretty close here. Just as emotional as the original.

from the album "East of Edson". Same as above, another cover. But this one is a fun kinda celtic influenced tribute to The Clash. Very fun to hear live.

Those are some I would pick. Great band that doesn't get much attention outside of Canada. But they should be bigger than they are elsewhere.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote