Music Banter - View Single Post - Iraq war - yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 07:06 PM   #64 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
that fact aside it was up to the UN to give clearance for the war which it did not do, why did the US take it upon itself to resolve the matter when so many countries were against the war? why do you think half the world hates the US? because of Honduras, Chile, Vietnam, Iraq and countless other "incidents"....
Because the US sat around and waited for the UN to give clearance. Honestly, the US gives the UN...what, like 75% of the money. So when we ask for UN backing on something and they don't give it, or sit on their ass about it, it doesn't go over to well. That's why the US just said no sir and decided to get things under way. And as of countries against it....well, most people have a strong idea why countries such as Russia were so strong against the war.

Quote:
i'm of the opposite thinking, i think the UN needs to be dismanteled and NATO to grow stronger, it seems to be the only organisation that can really guarantee peace and take serious action ( like against Serbia when they refused to stop slaughtering Albanians in Kosovo, i just wish they did that in Croatia and Bosnia....but the decision making needs to change )
NATO was created as a defensive mechanism to communism and the Warsaw Pact. Neither of those are a threat anymore, which makes NATO not needed.