Music Banter - View Single Post - Exploitation Film
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 02:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Default Exploitation Film

Read up here.

Lately these films are all I want to watch. I discovered them a few years ago and fell in love. I love these films for the exact reason I love the Wu-Tang Clan, or the RZA's production in general - they're raw as hell. I love the edginess, the larger than life characters, the fun, and the poignant artistic vision some of these films uphold years and years later.

What are some of your favorites? There are a lot of different styles. Personally I'm partial to Chambara (Samurai films like Shogun Assassin, Lady Snowblood, etc) and Blaxploitation (Blacula, Afro Samurai, etc). I'm also a sucker for those poorly made Kung-Fu flicks.

If you haven't seen Lady Snowblood, I highly recommend it as one of the most artistic and beautiful films considered to be exploitation.
The story is classic "hit list". One of the main inspirations for Tarantino's Kill Bill actually. Visually, the film is just stunning. Amazing cinematography throughout. The blood spurts and spurts and contrasts with the white of the clothes and snow. It's actually quite striking and beautiful in an artistic kinda way, it transcends the violence and becomes a living page of the manga it's based on.

What do you guys like?

p.s. awesome database of films here Browse - The Deuce
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote