Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 03:54 AM   #851 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post

Sleigh Bells - Treats
I've let this album sit with me for a while and, although it's not exactly awful, I just don't see what on earth the fuss is about it. I don't see what got this onto best of 2010 lists. It sounds very cheap, trashy and throwaway, and very much lacking in depth and substance. Although I'm quite used to listening to albums with a harsh, abrasive production, the production on this album just gives me a headache and makes it's 30 minute running time seem much longer.
Maybe because I'm a novice in the arena of noise pop but I friggin' love this album and I can listen to it all day on repeat.

I also feel like what ropes me in is the bass sound that some of the tracks have.

Sure, it's not deep or have much substance but all music doesn't need to have those two things especially when it's just a pop type album.

I could use this album as a bridge album for people that are into hip hop and they would love it. I told my roommate about it and he loves it. He's more into rock though with a little hip hop on the side but it's very accessible.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote