Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #984 (permalink)
debaserr
eat the masters

they both played pretty badly for the majority of the game. it may just be a case of the bulls D keying on them and letting everyone else get off. if that's the case(and I hope it is), this series could be over quick.

1 - both LeBron and Wade really need to improve their play off the ball, they should be getting way more slashing dunks(assisted from one of the big 3) in half court sets. who can keep a body on them around a screen?

2 - I'm kinda worried LeBron is happy with his game as it is. it seems like he has been basically the exact same player the last few years. his game is excellent and he is possibly the best player, but he could be so much better. if he took some time to perfect his footwork and improve his post game, he would be unstoppable.

I doubt the Heat can win a title without improving on at least one of these areas as currently constituted. however, they have a mid level exception for next season, so they will probably underpay some stud big to create a dynasty.

another note, they kinda hamstrung themselves financially last summer. I understand giving LBJ/Wade max deals, but they probably should have held off on Bosh and collected a bunch of people willing to sacrifice pay to play for a championship. in addition, they over-payed Miller and possibly Haslem(he is fairly old). it's like they wanted a championship this year at all costs. we'll see if the strategy bites them later.

Last edited by debaserr; 05-16-2011 at 01:15 AM.
debaserr is offline   Reply With Quote