Music Banter - View Single Post - Del Tha Funky Homosapien "Funk Man (The Stimulus Package)" Album Discussion
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Oh really? I guess I got Both Sides of the Brain after 3030 then.

I really like I Wish My Brother George was Here and No Need for Alarm - then I was blown away by Deltron and everything that I heard later disappointed me steadily.
I like everything BUT Brother George. Del, himself, hated Brother George. That was a label album with Ice Cube. It's got a couple classics that I dig, like Sleepin On My Couch, Sunny Meadowz, Dr. Bombay, Mistadobalina, but I don't really listen to it anymore. No Need For Alarm was better, but he didn't really start to perfect his ish until Hieroglyphics and/or Both Sides of the Brain. And then, BOOSH, Deltron 3030 was his mastery moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Yeah i remember seeing an interview with him a couple years ago, and he was talking about intentionally dumbing down his sound to appeal to more people or something like that.

I'm just curious to see what deltron 2 will sound like, if it ever actually comes out.
That's not really the way to describe it. He's not dumbing it down to appeal to more people. His main message is "I'm doing my thing. I do it for me. Not for you. If you dig it, cool. If not, **** off." Also, the material is not getting dumbed down. What he has done, though, is make the lyrics and production on recent work obviously anti-pop. He doesn't want smooth and catchy. He wants to shake loose any and all fakers and haters. I mean... a car alarm beat? It's dope. You just need to catch the words behind it.

And also, Del has been steady releasing info on Deltron II every few months since Fall/Winter. Additionally, there are two or three Deltron II tracks on youtube already. And there's a behind the scenes making of Deltron II video, about 10 mins. of Del at work recording...

So yea, it's coming out....

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote