Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello from China
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #36 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qianqian View Post
Thanks~~And you said it perfectly=)
You make me jealous,cuz I havnot got a chance to visit Guilin yet!=( Everybody told me that I need to visit there at least once before I die```
This is exactly what my Chinese friend said!

Guilin *is* beautiful ...

...but in addition to the beauty I remember some of the awkward feelings of being a tourist. For example, when we saw rice paddies and people working in them with water buffalo under such mountains, we foolishly thought we'd take a picture...which isn't polite to the people who were working there, since they shouldn't be turned into a spectacle. This resulted in an unfortunate situation involving our Chinese tour guide struggling to close the minivan door after the farmers streamed toward the minivan, hoping for money and even trying to grab a seat cover. I felt bad about our naivety resulting in countryman wrangling with countryman.

I realized then what I should have realized before: never take pictures of people without their permission.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote