Music Banter - View Single Post - R.E.M. - Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #81 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beany View Post
Yeah Document would be my favourite of the 80's albums. Lifes Rich Pageant is a great one to get if ya liked Document. Reckoning too. The only one I'm not mad about from the 80's is Fables.

I was listening to Reveal last night. Think it could well be my 3rd favourite. Seriously under rated. Great album to stick on during a summers day kicking back with a few drinks!

I think they've only played Shiny Happy People once. Michael Stipe and Mike Mills think it's too "corny" to play. Peter Buck said he wouldn't mind playing it though. There's a few songs like that. They never play Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite either. They haven't played Stand since the 80's as well.

Did ya get their new one, Accelerate?
I prefer Murmur to any of the others. R.E.M. is a fantastic band though and i think their discography doesn't really have alot of misses. They played STAND when i saw them live on the MONSTER tour though which was in the mid 90's. Concert kinda sucked the big one though, not because they weren't good, but due to the sound bouncing off the stadium walls and echoing.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote