Music Banter - View Single Post - Jedward
Thread: Jedward
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
starrynight
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Seriously, step back a little and listen to the song (if you like pop music that is). It's catchy, it's fun and totally hip. When compared with the other contestants this year, it should've won by a mile.
I like pop music and the chorus isn't very strong. I would put many other songs at this eurovision above Jedward. They performed it ok and it was well presented on TV (camerawork, background) but the chorus was flat and relatively monotonous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Butler View Post
Yes, they were. The Blue song is not bad but their live performance was, many artists struggle with this aspect sadly. Blue are the most credible artist of the two, they can actually sing, have talent and credible success.
There seemed to be sound problems, the voices just didn't seem to really come out well on TV and the camerawork seemed a mess as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liljagare View Post
But hey, we sent Eric Saade and he was not that much better IMHO (pity he could not break all four glass panels). And we made third .
I think he was quite a bit better. Good catchy song and decent dancing. His performance in the semi may have been better though.

And someone mentioned Serbia, yeh not a bad song. Actually it was quite a good year for songs overall. Don't judge it on Jedward or the gimmicky Ukraine entry.

Last edited by starrynight; 05-17-2011 at 01:56 PM.
starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote