Music Banter - View Single Post - Who is the Greatest of the Big Four of Thrash Metal?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #188 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Rick Rubin has a way with f*cking up most everything he does. I like the work he did with Johnny Cash, especially on the first "American Recordings" album.. but that was not difficult, just a studio and a mic in a house, was personal and some of his best work.

But with "Death Magnetic", I can't help but feel when i listen to that album that the effert of just too little, too late.. feels forced to me. It strikes me as an album that was made just to try and stop the old fans from bitching about them selling out.

It just doesn't feel genuine to me, and the material suffers from that.

It was a good attempt to try and go back to the roots, but it just didn't feel like they were all that into it for me. Of course, it is better than "Reload" and "St. Anger" though... I think "Load" had a few decent moments.. if looked at for what it is and not held to what they were doing before.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote