Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #360 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

I read the Teagan and Sara thing and thought it was a valid opinion and totally get where she is coming from. Makes sense to me.

I haven't listened to this album yet. I plan to soon. The idiots and the computer tech place lost part of my computer so they had to send away for a new part. But anyways, I youtubed a couple songs off Goblin. I see myself starting to already dislike Tyler, and can easily see myself eventually seeing him as one of my least favorite artists. I feel like he's already amassed this following of people who may like his music, but are just as happy to feel like they are on the bandwagon before it gets too crowded. It's like, you see this guy who you know is gonna be big and you wanna like him, so maybe you over exaggerate how good he is or what you think of him. Liking someone like Tyler probably has some kind of edgy vibe or coolness attached to it in some weird way. The people who recognize this type of reasoning behind their fanhood don't admit it anyways-they profusely deny it, but that's how I feel.

If any of the above made sense to anyone but me, I can't be sure. But that has mostly to do with the fans and not the content. I don't want to jump to an opinion on Goblin before I listen to it cause I could end up really enjoying it. The horrorcore type image and lyrics just get sol old, so fast for me. The lyrics and flow aren't particularly impressive to me. The beats are really basic (yeah i know, 'they are supposed to be!!'). I'm just not feelin it anymore. When I first heard them I was all like OMG SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT AWESOME!!!!!!! and now I feel like subconsciously maybe I wanted to be on the bandwagon before it picked up speed. Because listening to this stuff again I'm really not seeing many great qualities I enjoy
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote