Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Non-Musical Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #226 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
my unpopular non-music opinions:

1) Boxing, Wrestling, UFC, Extreme Martial Arts, etc. (other forms of staged fight) contributes largely to the increasing violence that humanity is facing. In our modern media time, these are easily watched by children and everyone giving a wrong impression that it's ok to hit someone or drew blood on someone else's face just for the sake of entertainment.

2) Most of the so called 'religious people' or those that regard themselves as Christian/Church followers are the mostly the ones who are mean, rude, strict, close-minded, corrupt, dishonest, egoistic and downright power-tripper.

3) A lot of people point to the Bible when ask why homosexuality or same sex relationships are wrong. Little do they know that in the Bible, there are more rules that are violated that people don't know are already a sin...as per the Bible. examples: wives are supposed to be 'submissive' to their husbands (I Peter 3:1). And all women are forbidden to teach men (I Timothy 2:12), wear gold or pearls (I Timothy 2:9) or dress in clothing that 'pertains to a man' (Deuteronomy 22:5). eating Shellfish and pork are definitely out (Leviticus 11:7, 10) as are usury (Deuteronomy 23:19), shaving (Leviticus 19:27) and clothes of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19). And since the Bible rarely recognizes divorce, they're committing adultery, which carries the rather harsh penalty of death by stoning (Deuteronomy 22:22).
1 is a popular opinion among Christian fundamentalists.
2 and 3 are popular opinions among liberals and self professed intellectuals.

Like a lot of the "serious" posts in this thread, if you consider your audience they're hardly unpopular opinions at all.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote