Music Banter - View Single Post - Please help me find a MIDI keyboard...
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Laurendo
Groupie

Default Please help me find a MIDI keyboard...

Hi there! Please bear with me as I am not a musical person. However, my boyfriend is, hence this post. His birthday is coming up and I know he wants a midi keyboard (is that what they are called?) that he can connect to his pc to write songs with. Currently he works stuff out on guitar and then manually clicks each note in which is a chore, plus a keyboard would give him more flexibility when working bits out. So. This may not make sense. It may not even be a midi keyboard that I mean - it may be a midi input, or output, or something like that. I'm hoping with the below info some lovely musical person will be able to tell what he needs and perhaps even point me to something that'd good. I don't have a big budget. Right. So.

He uses Ableton to write and record. Sitting at his desk I can see he has a I-ONIX u42s audio interface and a pair of KRK Rokit 8 speakers. I add this in case there is some magical equipment that will go with some of this.

Umm. So, if that makes sense maybe someone can recommend something? Was wondering about this but don't know what is good or where to start:
Cakewalk A-500PRO: MIDI Keyboard Controller (can't post a link as first post)

I know 49 keys is minimum.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the rambling writing.
Laurendo is offline   Reply With Quote