Music Banter - View Single Post - What can always get you into the creative mood (song, film, people, etc.)?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

^ Heh, to a certain extent!

Sometimes, that just makes me what to concoct extremely creative food items. Not necessarily the kind of creativity I'm usually most desiring of unleashing.

My creativity being sparked often has a lot to with my surroundings. When I'm all by myself really late at night, I find that's more conducive to working than the daytime.

Also, if I'm horribly blocked, I often need to go somewhere new. I people watch occasionally, finding little snippets of dialogue I gather from people near who are passing by, and sometimes those can spark an entire song or two; sometimes, that can spark the entire premise for a play.

I also find that when I'm writing songs or plays, I can't be in a perfectly clean space. I need a little bit of chaos. There have actually been times when the room I was in was "too clean" for me to be able to write anything productive, so I've gone into my closet and thrown clothes in the floor just so there was a bit less structure.

If I'm writing something like an essay, though, I find that writing it when very awake, during daytime, in a comfortable and well-lit room is the best. Any creative endeavors, and I really need things to be in disarray or my writing feels too sterile.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote