Music Banter - View Single Post - The Cars
Thread: The Cars
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #18 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
I've been meaning to pick up some Cars albums. I've heard their self-titled is essential but what else should I get from 'em?
I`d listen to them in order of production

The Cars- A milestone album in the American new-wave scene and imo one of the best debut albums in the history of rock.

Candy O- Similiar to the debut but not quite as good.

Panorama- Their most experimental and darkest release and a kind of homage to some of the groups that influenced them. Some good songs but not a great album

Shake it Up- My personal fav with its final new-wave sound and looking ahead to the Heartbeat City sound.

Heartbeat City- One of the most polished albums ever produced and the group are a world away sound wise from the debut especially with the dominance of synths.

Door to Door- Often regarded as their weakest album but I`d say their were some essential material on here.

I`d also recommend listening to some of Ric Ocasek`s solo discography as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
I'm really digging their self-titled at the moment, it's one of those albums where every track feels like a hit single. It's a real pop-rock gem.
The debut was often described as a greatest hits album as every song minus "I`m in Touch With Your World" sounded like a single
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote