Music Banter - View Single Post - Album Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #2247 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
To be honest with you I've never really liked groups like Motley Crue and Hanoi Rocks. As far as Guns n Roses go, most of the big songs from Appetite for Destruction didn't actually start dominating the airwaves until the 88/89 time period you're describing.
Just proves my point really, Guns n Roses came along sounding closer to what it used to sound like and with the original attitude & became huge because of it.

Quote:
That was not my experience in this part of the world.
I was watching American shows. You see British made music shows in that time period & all you'll see is dance music & indie. Hair metal was virtually non existent on TV and Radio then. Just 2 hours on a Friday night on Radio 1, that was it.
I'm not saying they totally dumped hair metal, but they made more space for other types of rock music that they wouldn't have done maybe a couple of years earlier.
I can remember Headbangers Ball doing a whole 2 hour show dedicated to Soundgarden's American tour. That was in 1989 just after Louder Than Love came out. 2 whole years before Nevermind.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.