Music Banter - View Single Post - Advice thread
Thread: Advice thread
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #73 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChuck View Post
We've all been in this situation. How likely is it she feels the same way (I'm assuming its a she, it was when it happened to me).

Not very likely tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
you would know your best friend better than us.

Is she the type that would date a friend, has she in the past? you have to play it by ear and pick the right time to bring it up to her if she has.

Some girls don't like to date friends because if it turns out bad they think they will lose the friendship, which is stupid imo.

Dating a friend is the best thing because if it doesn't work out you can just transition back to being friends again. I have done it three times before.
I think there was a situation like this in the past with one of her old friends and she said no but I have some information from another friend of ors that makes it seem like she sort of feels a similiar way, but it might not be too reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
I've had crushes on my good friends before, in addition to some of my best friends having crushes on me. Neither situation has ended badly; the worst case scenario was like a week of me being like, "Oh, shit, I'm going to act awkward around them and they can't see me acting awkward!" which led to about a week of semi-awkwardness. It wasn't devastating, just uncomfortable, and for a very brief time.

The thing is, usually if you're really close friends with someone, it's not going to come between you two. The worst that I've seen happen between close friends, like I said, is a brief period of awkwardness just because one or both of the people were concerned that things would be weird, when they really weren't; it was just psyching themselves out.

Also, as best friends, she will be concerned about your feelings, even if the feelings aren't returned. From my own personal experience, this isn't something which causes complete devastation. Like I said, again, just a little bit of awkwardness.

It basically comes down to, "Oh, they don't have the same feelings, and that blows, but I still like chilling with this person," and it was easier to get over because I was already their friend and content with that on some level.

And keep in mind, that's only if the feelings aren't returned, and it's still not complete devastation. If the feelings are returned, then KICK ASS! You've got a thing with someone with whom you actually like to talk and hang out!

Basically I guess what I'm saying is that if you really are that tight, the odds of it legitimately ending badly are probably one in a million. And the payoff if she digs you too - so worth it.
Thanks, this really helped
James is offline   Reply With Quote