Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #2830 (permalink)
Nosferatu Man
Music Addict

Well I would recommend After The Goldrush. It is such a beautiful album. The opening track is Tell Me Why if memory serves which is a good barometer as to whether or not you'll love his voice as he is quite high during that song. The chorus is fantastic really beautiful 'Tell me why, is it hard to arrangements with yourself when you're old enough to repay but young enough to sell'.

The third track is an absolute belter as well. It is probably my favourite love song, or song about love of all. The way the drums snap and fall around his singing gives it a cool rhythm and his vocals are truly amazing. The subject of the song is fantastic too from a lyrical point of view. The premise that only love can break your heart is established well and the way the reason for the heart break is the same reason to get over it; love. Mind blowing.

It is followed by a rockier song; Southern Man, it provoked the infamous reaction in Lynyrd Skynyrds hit Sweet Home Alabama. 'I hope Neil Young will remember, The southern man don't need him anyhow'. Young's lyrics are pretty tasty too though; 'I saw cotton and I saw black Tall white mansions and little shacks. Southern man when will you pay them back?'

I personally think the album lulls a little bit until 'When You Dance You Can Really Love'. Which once again is resplendent with his wonderful vocals, perfect percussion and fantastic guitar.

All in all After The Goldrush is just a fantastic album and one everybody should listen too!
Nosferatu Man is offline   Reply With Quote