Music Banter - View Single Post - ThePhanastasio's Song Lyrics and Such.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 AM   #31 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Phanastasio -

I *really* like this one. You tell an interesting (true-to-life?) story of jealousy mixed with deep admiration and empathy. I like the various emotions you describe having, with harsh criticalness being one of them, although that criticalness becomes some grudging approval as the song progresses to the end, where your allegiance becomes divided between yourself and your competition, for whom you also start to root.

I also like how strong your competition, an un-named, aging actress (?), seems to be since she is always reading the same part as you in auditions. You show her determination and persistence by having her reappear in the song three times, so that the structure of your song physically demonstrates her tenacity and almost annoying presence. Your lyrics manage to be humorous, heartfelt, and serious at the same time.

Very nice.
Thank you very much, and again, I really do apologize that I keep missing replies in this thread.

And yes - this was kind of autobiographical. Kind of therapeutic writing at that time.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote