Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Themed Compilation Thread [MAY'S COMP AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!]
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by storymilo View Post
It'd be cool if submitters could post the original artist of their song, cause I don't recognize all of these. Mine (The Feelies) is a Beatles cover (shocking).
I was wondering if we were going to have a format with that info like for example: Tom Sawyer [Rush] - Mindless Self Indulgence...
but it didn't.
Very good idea for this comp. We can at least share it in the comp. info. and those who want to add it in manually on their copy can...

01 - Mattias IA Eklundh - Smoke On The Water [Mrd00d] (Deep Purple)

02 - Mindless Self Indulgence - Tom Sawyer [Mrd00d] (Rush)

03 - The Feelies - Everybody's Got Something To Hide [storymilo] (The Beatles)

04 - Cap'n Jazz - Take On Me [RVCA] (A-Ha)

05 - Half Japanese - Ball and Chain [dankrsta] (Big Mama Thornton)

06 - Tuxedomoon - Heard It Through the Grapevine [dankrsta] (Wanted to say Creedance, glad I looked it up: I Heard It Through the Grapevine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles recorded it first, but it's a staple of Marvin Gaye and really popularized by Creedance Clearwater Revival imo)

07 - Snakefinger - The Model [dankrsta] (Kraftwerk)

08 - The Residents - Blue Suede Shoes [dankrsta] Blue Suede Shoes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley)

09 - Mattias IA Eklundh - Minor Swing [Mrd00d] (Django Reinhardt)

10 - Disturbed - Land Of Confusion [djchameleon] (Genesis)

11 - Muse - Feeling Good [RVCA] Feeling Good - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Cy Grant for the musical "Roar of the Greasepaint - Smell of the Crowd"; Nina Simone has the most popular version it seems)

12 - Yellow Matter Custard - While My Guitar Gently Weeps [Mrd00d] (The Beatles)

13 - The Hold Steady - Atlantic City [Charlemagne] (Bruce Springsteen)

14 - Tegan and Sara - Dancing In The Dark [Charlemagne] (Bruce Springsteen)

15 - Arbouretum - The Highwayman [s_k] (Jimmy Webb)

16 - Nirvana - Oh Me [deadpoet] (Meat Puppets)

17 - Toots & the Maytals - Take Me Home, Country Roads [captaincaptain] (John Denver)

18 - Joe Cocker - With a Little Help From My Friends [deadpoet] (The Beatles)

Last edited by Mrd00d; 05-27-2011 at 05:47 AM.