Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metalcore Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #225 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Cheers chaps and the recommendations look very varied ranging from the commercial better known stuff to lesser known stuff, grassroots and progressive elements of the genre. I decided to listen to all the bands and albums that you have put up over the next week.

@Supermarlin- Started with Trivium and "Ascendancy" despite knowing them pretty well already. Ascendancy is a decent album and the screaming on it is done well, the only down part is the clean vocals which are very generic. I`ve always liked "The Crusade" album a lot anyway......its the best album that Metallica never did

@Almauro- I knew you`d come up with some real quality stuff and F**k the album "John Doe" by Converge what a classic! Its been a while since I`ve heard such brutal intensity from start to finish and every track was a killer even the slower parts, its no surprise to see its listed as one of the best metal abums of the 00`s. When I first put it on, I thought is was just going to be some low budget hardcore listen but when the metal feel kicked in that was it and I was hooked.

Looking forward to Hatebreed know the name but never got around to listening to them, but if they sound anything like Sepultura.......!!!

@Metal Connoisseur- I`ve always thought Jesse Leach to be a great vocalist anyway and have always liked the Killswitch Engage debut album and after playing it again today still really like it, will listen to "Alive or Just Breathing" tomorrow.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote