Music Banter - View Single Post - More Subforums?
Thread: More Subforums?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Default More Subforums?

This was brought up by (I think) Urban a few weeks ago. But, I think it would be interesting for our Lounge to have some subforums. It works well on other forums, including MX forums.

We could have for example a sports forum, a arts/literature forum, a tv/videogame/movie forum, politics/news forum, etc. I've just noticed that we've had a lot of cool conversations in the Lounge lately in these areas; it would be interesting to have these subforums, so more of that kind of discussion can be encouraged (and more in detail).

Yeah the downside is, it's not music. You might also say, "Well why can't we just discuss those things in the Lounge now?" The thing is, if those subforums are there, it encourages people to discuss, and get more specific. I don't think it will distract people from the music. The music forums will always be there, and as long as there's music to be heard, there's always music to be discussed.

But, I think it would attract and keep more members. Plus, it would be another fun reason to log on and post.