Music Banter - View Single Post - Animal Collective
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #407 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Well now. Sorry to say that I've been to the gig last night and can confirm their ultimate suckage. I can safely say this was the worst gig of a band I listen to and love I've ever been to. I walked out in the middle of the encore. Could've walked out halfway through the gig, I was so bored and unineterested in the things they were doing.

They played literally 2 or 3 songs I knew and managed to completely destroy them. There was absolutely no flow to the gig, every time a song ended I had a feeling they were doing a sound check with some lame background music. The new material is godawful and Panda Bear (which for me was the pop anchor of the group) was practically invisible. Naturally and sadly, he didn't play anything from Tomboy.

Utter destruction of sound, complete violation of everything that made them a great pop band.

I blame the return of Deakin.
I was interested to read of your disappointment with their recent live performance.

I only just learned of Animal Collective this month and so far like the sunny, happy, shimmering, meditative full sound of the two songs of theirs that I've heard: "Bees" and "My Girls."

Now I'm listening to parts of more of their songs so that hopefully I can learn how their sound has changed over time. Luckily I probably won't ever hear them live, so I'll never have to face a letdown like you did, adidasss!

Animal Collective - "My Girls"

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote