Music Banter - View Single Post - Advice thread
Thread: Advice thread
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #105 (permalink)
Queen Boo
From beyooond the graaave

I need advice.
I know a couple of you have been in the military. I was thinking of becoming a medic. From what I understand, I have to carry a hand gun for protection but it's a war crime if anyone shoots at me. I'm cool with that. I don't know if pulling bullets out of bodies on and off for four years will leave me in a decent mental state though.
I think medics go to bootcamp too. I could probably do that. I wouldn't enjoy it but I'm hardly a little bitch. If I need to go to school before this for something, I know it's not for me. I don't want to be a doctor, I want to be a human rights activist (although social work is my fallback.) I just have very little college money and I don't want to go to Bum**** University like 90% of my graduating class will.
I'm worried about the stress of being around death and sickness all the time. I've had post traumatic stress disorder before and it made me a total bitch. I came out of it alright but I'm not the most mentally stable person in the world. I have no idea if I have what it takes to do this.
I figure a couple years as a medic (3 I think?) and then a few weeks in a psychiatric hospital isn't such a bad deal for some college money, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A whole bunch of stupid sh*t that I regret
Queen Boo is offline   Reply With Quote