Music Banter - View Single Post - The Groove Metal Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
Bad Brains just had nothing to do with groove metal. I wanted to know the research done. Bad Brains also had nothing remotely metal. They were out before Thrash. Misfits I would see as more of an inspiration for thrash and ultimately groove metal than Bad Brains.
Firstly, Its not necessary to have anything to do with a genre in order to help influence it. Secondly, Tommy Victor of Prong was the citation and I see no reason to suggest he was making stuff up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChuck View Post
Oh, the amount of posturing I've seen from certain portions of the metal fanbase suggested that Exhorder were the originals in terms of groove (I think everyone has laughed at Pantera's glam image). I guess the moral here is 'never trust an elitist'.
The Pantera album came out around 3 months before Exhorder, not only did it pre-date the Exhorder album, but Pantera were already an established band and the Pantera album was always far better than the Exhorder album anyway. When Exhorder or their fans scream that Pantera stole their sound its just sour grapes.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote