Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #10112 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
awww why can't you have a little fun with some of that stuff? I guess you just don't like the series overall.

As someone that likes the series , I went into it thinking well I'm in for some fast cars, ass and titties and I was shocked and appalled when it actually had a deeper plot and they decided to dig into the characters history a little bit to show you some of their past and how it relates to how they are today.
Hmmm...really? I didn't see them bringing out that much "history" in this movie. And I actually did somewhat enjoy the rest of the series for what it was...mindless action. This one was just so far above preposterous that I couldn't even enjoy it. I mean, the whole sequence at the beginning with Paul Walker's car and the bus...really? I mean, REALLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I have yet to watch that but I'd like to one day. What other Hitchcock movies did you watch in this marathon?
I also watched "The Lady Vanishes" (good, but not as good as "Dial M for Murder"), and then the first half of "The Man Who Knew Too Much", which I couldn't get into. I was streaming it on Netflix though and the quality was just terrible.