Music Banter - View Single Post - Advice thread
Thread: Advice thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #115 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor View Post
I need advice.
I know a couple of you have been in the military. I was thinking of becoming a medic. From what I understand, I have to carry a hand gun for protection but it's a war crime if anyone shoots at me. I'm cool with that. I don't know if pulling bullets out of bodies on and off for four years will leave me in a decent mental state though.
I think medics go to bootcamp too. I could probably do that. I wouldn't enjoy it but I'm hardly a little bitch. If I need to go to school before this for something, I know it's not for me. I don't want to be a doctor, I want to be a human rights activist (although social work is my fallback.) I just have very little college money and I don't want to go to Bum**** University like 90% of my graduating class will.
I'm worried about the stress of being around death and sickness all the time. I've had post traumatic stress disorder before and it made me a total bitch. I came out of it alright but I'm not the most mentally stable person in the world. I have no idea if I have what it takes to do this.
I figure a couple years as a medic (3 I think?) and then a few weeks in a psychiatric hospital isn't such a bad deal for some college money, right?

Tumor do you really wanna be a medic? Is this just a way to get money for college? There are tons of ways to get money for college if that's the reason you are thinking about joining as a medic. Hell, 2 of my friends GET PAID to go to school. Granted, one has a wife and kid but he makes like $4,000 a year by going to school and that's not including his work salary. There are seriously like a million different ways you can get grants and loans and stuff so don't do something like this just for the money because no, I don't think you can handle it. You seem as mentally solid as pudding and this would probably be one of the last things to do. Take out loans, don't stress over them, go to decent college, have a great time and get a degree doing what you want.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote