Music Banter - View Single Post - Can God Give Free Will?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #52 (permalink)
Mr November
Music Addict

I think the idea is that destiny is a purpose that God would have for you. A role that He wants you to fulfil and that He's supposed to give you the tools to succeed in. So yes, Hitler would have strayed from the path. I'm not sure what the Catholic Church's position on people who don't belong to Catholic Church is either. It used to be that you would go to Hell if you weren't Catholic, then it was that you your soul would just be obliterated, and some even say you would still get to go to heaven if you were a good person.

And what if you were never told about the Bible or anything? Well then I think you're supposed to not be accountable and you would just be obliterated (your soul that is).

I don't think the Catholic church has Limbo anymore (this is where they used to say that children who died in birth went for example). But I think they decided to get rid of that (much to the pain of mothers who had believed for decades that this was where their child had gone).

The Bible wasn't written at a time when mental illness for example was understood. It was often misunderstood that the person was under the possession of the devil or something. Back then they would have said the person was responsible and accountable for their actions (and so the circumstances of the rest of their eternity would be dictated by them).

Now I'm not sure what the newest beliefs are. I doubt it's the same... normally you get a none answer like that only God can make that judgment. I also find that most of my Catholic family don't actually know what the Catholic church's stance is on these things...

Last edited by Mr November; 06-01-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Mr November is offline   Reply With Quote