Music Banter - View Single Post - Fascinator Hats
Thread: Fascinator Hats
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #36 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I imagine that hundreds of thousands of years ago, people were probably also plopping stuff on their heads to startle and appeal to family, friends, and strangers.
Yes. Egyptians, for instance. Personally, I can show you the case of the Ancient Iberians. I've been many times at the National Archaeological Museum and taken hundreds of photos of Iberian antiquities. Female sculptures show how ancient Iberian women wore elaborate ornaments and dresses:

Amazing, isn't it? I've also read some stuff about it. There are written sources from the time too. According to 5th-century-BC Greek travelers, Iberian women were regarded as talented and skilled dressmakers. They also wrote that there were some sort of "dress contests". Imagine: female fashion designers 25 centuries ago!! Versace? Gucci? Pierre Cardin? Armani? Calvin Klein? Meh. They're not that original, actually (besides, they're men ).

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 06-01-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote