Music Banter - View Single Post - The Groove Metal Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #54 (permalink)
LOLPOCALYPSE
Aryan Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
If you wanna go with Machine Head, you might as well skip them and go with Fear Factory. Machine Head was essentially just a poor mans version of Fear Factory. "Soul of a New Machine" was the blueprint for "Burn My Eyes".

Robb Flynn doesn't do much for me though, first Machine Head was about the extent of my love for him, much better than the generic thrash of Vio-Lence.

But yeah, I say go with Fear Factory before Machine Head.

As for the nu-metal, I do not know if I would say Korn was the first... though they were the ones to bring it to the forefront. Biohazard is a band I would give some credit to as well. I do not know who would be considered the influence for the style though... Rage Against the Machine could also be seen as a major influence on the style, Faith No More as well.
I like Fear Factory up until Archetype (although their lyrics are...weak), and I would agree that they had a bigger influence on nu metal than Machine Head. Never been a big Machine Head fan though, mainly because of the vocals (but I will be seeing them live this summer so maybe that will change). Korn had the biggest influence, but like you said funk metal acts like Rage and FNM probably also had some influence.
LOLPOCALYPSE is offline   Reply With Quote