Music Banter - View Single Post - Fat People - A Burden On The State?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 03:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Default Fat People - A Burden On The State?

I'm not talking about the average overweight person, I'm talking about the obese to morbidly obese people who are so fat that they can't work and rely on benefits. Once on these benefits they proceed to use tax payers money to eat and become even bigger, often resulting in serious health problems and being able to claim the weight as a disability. They don't have to take any responsibility for their actions as many western governments seem to allow this kind of behaviour.

Do you think that this is fair? Do you believe that being over-weight should be classed as a disability? Do you think it's beyond belief that people get to these weights? Should there be some kind of program/boot camp they should be put into before being allowed to just sit on benefits for the rest of their lives? This would cost money yes but perhaps not as much in the long term.

Now in regards to people on benefits, I am only talking about obese people here, I'm not talking about lazy people, genuinely sick people, those made redundant, etc etc.

My final question is, do you think that it is being more accepted to be overweight now due to the number of people who are overweight. Does this give people the excuse to not take care of themselves?