Music Banter - View Single Post - Third Eye Vision
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 03:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

In Search of the...
by Buckethead

Box set by Buckethead
Released February 21, 2007
Genre Experimental rock, hard rock, avant-garde metal, funk metal
Length
I: 44:19
N: 44:49
S: 43:27
E: 42:30
A: 42:27
R: 45:00
C: 41:13
H: 41:37
O: 42:39
F: 42:31
T: 42:29
H: 49:44
E: 45:01
Total: 9:27:37
Label TDRS Music

Quote:
In Search of The is a set of thirteen albums by Buckethead, released on February 21, 2007. Each was initially personally numbered and monogrammed by Buckethead himself. No two sets were the same, as the covers were hand-drawn and unique from one another. It is considered a special release, making it the first of Buckethead's albums to be referred to as such.
Quote:
There seems to be no underlying theme or thread to the songs on the separate discs, and they feature many different and diverse styles of music. In addition, each song stands alone; none of the tracks fade into each other. The set also lacks any type of track listing as all the songs are untitled, however, unofficial track names have been assigned by fans of Buckethead which are known to reflect his personality and his previous work.
Well I'm going to break it down. I was very reluctant, even as a big Buckethead fan, of listening to this box set. But when I plugged in the fan created titles throughout the set, the problem of going through it and not being able to differentiate what was where disappeared. Any fan of Buckethead will love the hell out of this 9.5 hour box set. Any Buckethead novice ... need not run away! This is the sampler pack! It's got the insane shred, yes. It's got that beautiful, melodic "Electric Tears"-esque style you've heard about. It's got the funk, and ambient, and surprises at almost every bend. So stay tuned and I'll even tell you which tracks are the stand outs in case you don't have a whole 9.5 hours layin' around like I do. Err... enjoy!

Last edited by Mrd00d; 06-22-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote