Music Banter - View Single Post - Fat People - A Burden On The State?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 03:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I'm not talking about the average overweight person, I'm talking about the obese to morbidly obese people who are so fat that they can't work and rely on benefits. Once on these benefits they proceed to use tax payers money to eat and become even bigger, often resulting in serious health problems and being able to claim the weight as a disability. They don't have to take any responsibility for their actions as many western governments seem to allow this kind of behaviour.
Seriously, when they receive benefits all they want to do is eat and get fatter? I'm not so sure about this.

I don't think you can get disability from being fat alone, it's more the actual health concerns associated with obesity, like respiratory problems or something.

A lot of medications make you fatter, combine that with higher overall stress from having difficulty in normal situations all day(ex trying to sit on the bus) and disability starts making a little more sense.

I'm not saying there aren't plenty of people who abuse it, but I would rather it exist and help some people then just not exist at all.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote