Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #16122 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

I have been told that if I go to Germany in 3 weeks time for 5 days then the relationship is over. Oddly enough I was thinking that if I DIDN'T get to Germany to clear my head then it is all over.

What a cluster**** of an impasse.

Love my kids to bits but if I didn't have them then this would be such an easy decision.

If I don't go then I will be full of resentment as it will probably my only chance of seeing Iron Maiden live in my lifetime (they are the reason I got into music in the first place) but if I go then I am seen by everyone else (other than myself) for being selfish.

What is twisted irony is that the trip hasn't been paid for by myself so I am not taking resources from my family but I could possibly lose my best friend who I have known longer than my own family because we have been waiting for this for years.

Family should always come first but this trip is a dream for me too. I HAVE to see Maiden before they retire and I have never seen them. It's like a holy grail to me.

Another irony is that we are not even married.

I feel such a pathetic moaning bastard about this considering all the ills of the world

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote