Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #16123 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I have been told that if I go to Germany in 3 weeks time for 5 days then the relationship is over. Oddly enough I was thinking that if I DIDN'T get to Germany to clear my head then it is all over.

What a cluster**** of an impasse.

Love my kids to bits but if I didn't have them then this would be such an easy decision.

If I don't go then I will be full of resentment as it will probably my only chance of seeing Iron Maiden live in my lifetime (they are the reason I got into music in the first place) but if I go then I am seen by everyone else (other than myself) for being selfish.

What is twisted irony is that the trip hasn't been paid for by myself so I am not taking resources from my family but I could possibly lose my best friend who I have known longer than my own family because we have been waiting for this for years.

Family should always come first but this trip is a dream for me too. I HAVE to see Maiden before they retire and I have never seen them. It's like a holy grail to me.

Another irony is that we are not even married.

I feel such a pathetic moaning bastard about this considering all the ills of the world
I don't personally know you, so I can't very well tell you what to do. But for me, losing my family was the worst, most excruciating thing that has ever happened to me. You only get one life though, and it is yours to do with as you please.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote