Music Banter - View Single Post - Fat People - A Burden On The State?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #75 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Haha, alright. Look, guys. It's not like I ran to bed and sobbed myself to sleep facedown in my pillow after pounding back a couple of twinkies. I honestly do not care one iota what you think of me or my lifestyle, because you know very little about it and I am both happy and healthy. That's not the issue.

I just want to make it clear that hateful speech (projected on to ANYONE) is unacceptable, and that there are a plethora of ignorant misconceptions about obesity that I've seen stated here. I do sympathize with people who are 300+ pounds, because I know how a person ends up on that track, and I know how difficult it is to get off of it when you have no self-worth.

That's why this sort of talk is more harmful than beneficial to people who need to make a change. It's demotivational, biased, and cruel. Stop trying to justify your schoolyard bullying. It would be very easy to have a factual and rational discussion on this topic without allowing your own prejudices to come into play, but because weight is the last acceptable way to ridicule an entire group of people, you've allowed yourselves to come down to this level of name-calling and abuse. I imagine in my head what it would be like if your defense were "BUT HE'S SOOOO BLACK/GAY" instead of "But he's SO fat!" and I nearly come to tears laughing. Come on, you are all better than that.

And that's the last I'll say on the matter. Take it or leave it, I'm not coming back into this thread.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote