Music Banter - View Single Post - My Job: 'Pin-the-Genre' on the Artist
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
antiboredom101
Account Disabled

Default My Job: 'Pin-the-Genre' on the Artist

Ive browsed around to avoid asking but I'm still trying to pin this artist down to a genre. A sticky I came across helped,
but there are aspects of the music that don't exactly follow those I am familar with. So I'm here in "General".

I am kind of a genre-freak about my library and playlists. Personally, I am a genre driven listener and thus orient
my personal playlists around that. I do have the 3-4 playlists dedicated to grab-bag style listening. But before
I throw it in there, I gotta 'pin it down'. Yeah...i'm like this about 90% of my music.

The artist: (My Starving Lion)
The Song in Question: .............

Beyond my professional endeavors, I'm stuck on where to put this "Ticker Tape Parade" track under in my Itunes library.
(only song available until I get my hands on the full album). So maybe I am making an early call and need to wait for the album release?

I work in music and I still can't quite figure this artist or the single track out. I'm stuck in both areas, haha! Any ideas??
My job, in short is finding potential trend setters/modifiers and writing articles/reports about them. Dubbing them I guess is how you would put it.

My contribution to those that can help:

(setting up my music like this got rid of "i-tunes shuffle blues" for me) Try it out! I kind of think most people who like "a little bit of everything"
are mood driven listeners. To me, genre is just cool way of saying mood. So start by genre if you are often get unsure of what you are feelin' like listening to.

-Cheers! and thanks for the help! Hope I gave some in return.
antiboredom101 is offline   Reply With Quote