Music Banter - View Single Post - The first band You started to listen
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Arrow The First Song & "Band's".. I Started To Listen To.

The first rock song I heard that I vividly remember and comes to mind right away is, Bad Company's - "Good Lovin' Gone Bad". I remember the moment back in the early '70s when it first hit the air waves & vinyls. All of Bad Company's albums were very popular here in this part of the Northeastern United States. And they stayed that way, in this area of the states, as one of the most popular rock bands until they dis banned.
The first Band's, "I started to listen to back in the day" was Yes, Rush, Genesis. Queen, David Bowie. All the Blues Rock bands of that era. Aerosmith, KISS, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Styx, Boston, Steely Dan.
Also at the same time, I was listening to Earth, Wind, & Fire. Ohio Players, Average White Band, Brothers Johnson, Isley Brothers, Rick James, Parliament/Funkadelic, Lttle Feat, Wild Cherry, and other genres related to R&B/Jazz/Funk/Soul. I feel lucky to have experience so much good music, from as far back as, the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000.+ I had to do a lot of investigating with the music from the 50s & 60s, since that was before my time, which was the 70s. (Blah, Blah, Blah) I feel like there's so many bands I'm missing?
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote