Music Banter - View Single Post - Meatloaf vs Queen
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
I would vote for none of the above there.

Queen I liked when I was 16 when I had a more limited knowledge of music and it was all I knew. But now I find little interest in Queen. Freddy Mercury was a good frontman and he knew how to work an audience into a frenzy.. and for that I commend him. But beyond that I found him to be a lackluster performer, his music fails to engage me and I find any emotion he has is overshadowed by his over dramatic approach to his vocals and is sucked out in the process of trying to be a performer over an artist. Queen to me work better as a theatrical performance group than a group of musicians... They are entertainers more than musicians. Not on the level of say KISS who were no more than a marketing ploy and a case of substance over art, an image more than anything, or say Prince who is the epitome of over indulgance and wankery in every aspect.. but not that different either. Queen to me is a band that gets way to much attention and acclaim for what they did.

Meat Loaf fits into the same mold to me, good performer, lackluster artist, his music may of been something good in it's time, but it has not aged well.
Prince? I don't mean to pry in your personal & private business, but can I ask how old you are?
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote