Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 AM   #60 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
The only place people carry guns here is on Svalbard (because of polar bears) or when hunting. People in Oslo generally do not carry guns, not even the police. Despite the fact some people do have guns, the general feeling is that society is relatively free of them and I think that increases everyone's sense of security. Do you really feel safer when you go over to your neighbour to complain about something and he has a big ass gun strapped to his waist? People owning guns not meant for hunting, but for scaring and shooting people, seems paranoid to me and a little like you're preparing for the zombie apocalypse or something when you'll have to defend yourself. How useful is a gun really? On average, is owning one going to extend you or your family's life? When everybody in society can easily obtain and own them, does that increase the life quality of society's people?
You have too much faith in the kindness of human beings and society in general.

owning a gun does create a sense of security because if some random nutjob decides that they are fed up and goes on a spree you are able to defend yourself and protect others that would have been victims if you were some carebear that didn't think owning a gun would do any good.

I'd rather be in a position where I could defend myself. Survival of the fittest and all that jazz than to be in a position where I let others have the final say over my final moments.

Even if you made it extremely difficult for people to obtain firearms there will still be a black market where those firearms could be obtained.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote